The New Improved Lawson Report
This is the new version of the Lawson Report. The Lawson Report was created by Kenneth Lawson back in 2007. Since then I have given my ideas on Media, Tech, and the effects of consumers and media in general. While I have never taken any stand politically one way or another, recent developments in the direction of the country have gotten my interest. More to the point ,the push for Gun control in recent months, which I see as a sign of a bigger issue, That of slowly but surely trying to limit our constitutional rights. Thoses that they can't limit or ban outright, yet, they're making it almost impossible to exercise. More about this in my recent articles which will be posted here.
New Article is in "Technology of Living "
New Article in "Movies & Television History"
New Article in "Movies & Television History"
Why I write, and About Me
The Short Story of my Life and Why I Write
This site and its articles are written by a American. Plan and Simple.
I am not writing as a Conservative, or a liberal or any thing in between or any other label, other then as a American citizen. I have been around theses United States for 50 plus years. I have spend many of the last few years engrossed in a study of history, both WWII and history in general, along with Movie and Television history. There is a lot to be learned from history.
I like to think that I come to the world with a special point of view and probably a bit of odd one, in that I never should have been here to begin with.
I was born in 1961 with something called Transposition of the Great Arteries , which simply means the blood wasn't getting to my body the way it should. I should have died very shortly after birth. However, the Lord and doctors had other ideas. They went in and open up a hole in my heart to let blood leak though and get oxygenated blood to my body and did what they could at the time, and sent me home to extensively die. But I did not. I kept going I managed to live as a "blue baby", the blue from the lack of oxygenated blood in my body.
Then in 1963 I had was a new surgery at the time called a Mustard Procedure. It is named after the doctor who invented and perfected in Canada.
At that time there had been no successful Mustard's done here in the US. As near as we can tell I am the oldest surviving TGA/Mustard in the US.. Through various groups on line I have contacted many other survivors throughout the world.
I believe that all of this, my personal history, my ability to not just see whats going on now, but to look at the big picture overall gives me a unique perspective on the world. Here I will try to import my ideas, agree or disagree with that is every humans right. The sitting down and discussion of events and history is import, that is aim of this site.
Lawson Report; Mission Statement
Over the last couple of years I have used this blog as a place to share my ideas about technology in general, and media and consumer rights, in particular. As the new year and new decade dawn in very short order..
The time has come to explain my ideals in writing this blog:
1. I try to take a journalistic view to the articles; That is, while I don't do straight reporting, I do try to keep my writings as professional as possible.
2. Please remember that my articles are commentary and opinions on the subjects of the articles.
3. I Do not try to aggregate news and spit it out, anyone can do that. There are many places that do it very well.
What I do pick a topic or general subject and try to give a different view of the subject or topic . I try to see thing that are not usually obvious to the casual reader and would probably miss. Because I am older and not in the tech industry , I have a different view then most.
4. It is my underlying believe that slowly and surely all consumer rights to use their media and in many cases the devices to play them on are being taken away from them. Many times they don't even realize that this is happening. The concept of "Fair Use" for the consumer has become in many cases a joke and is very fast becoming nonexistent .
5. The traditional media formats and distributions methods are fast being replaced by both new models and more importantly are being bypassed altogether, or short-cutted to to bring about the same end result.
6. The changing landscape of both traditional media and new medias opens new avenues to express ones ideas and thoughts about the uses or missuses of the technology. This is my platform to share my ideas and concerns for the future of our media and in many ways our way of life. Please take the time to go through the past couple of years articles and feel free to comment and or email me your thoughts on my thoughts.
December 29, 2009